Kuplung is one of the top ruin bars in Budapest with good vibes, decent prices, quality music and relaxed people. The bar is featuring funky decor, an unmistakeable giant whale, jelly fish lanterns, deep sea divers and other colourfully relaxing sea life creatures set in an unrestored car repair shop. Kuplung is not only one of the most popular pubs, but also one of the oldest of the ruin bars in Budapest, worth a visit.
Distinguishing Marks: Bluewhale, DJ Mona Lisa with Shiva arms, Jelly Fish lanterns
The pub / bar is located in the city centre, with indoor and outdoor areas (the outdoor terrace is great from April to October in Hungary, especially in summer). In summer time you can watch major sports events, like the UEFA Euro, World Cup on the huge flat screen. Reasonably priced drinks, beers, wines, cocktails, palinka, etc. (beers: Tuborg, Carlsberg, Kronenbourg 1664 beer, etc.). Street foods are also available for a lighter lunch / midnight snack.
Recommended if you want to
- Chill Out: Just hang out for a few drinks, beers, lemonade, wines, ciders, what have you.
- Enjoy Concerts: most nights there are live events, concerts with a variety of bands / singers
- Watch Football matches (UEFA, World Cup)
- Monday Half Price drinks & a great selection of the top Hungarian Craft Beers
- Non smokers tip: go deep into the labyrinth where the concerts are to locate the non smoking zone
- Great from March to Oct, in winter time can get cold
- Street foods of a good range: burgers, fajitas, salads, etc.